Please enable the breadcrumb option to use this shortcode!
Please enable the breadcrumb option to use this shortcode!
The Best Anti Aging Injectables Are Undetectable
Anti aging injectables and botox are our trademark and signature procedures. At the Powder Room, we don’t have quotas nor do we push products or up sell. We build relationships with our clients. Our team of highly trained specialists will devise a plan that suits your style, budget but more importantly enhance your beauty. Our different approach will surprise and delight you! Located in the heart of lovely Port Credit Village, Mississauga, The Powder Room has a boutique style ambiance, Our products and services are provided in a unique atmosphere and style that caters to the particular tastes and preferences of our clients. The commitment to you, is to always provide you with a refined, yet a natural looking result for women and men of all ages. See what our clients have to say. REVIEWS
Like any great relationship we build it with dedication, integrity and sincerity.
BOTOX® Cosmetic Treatment (5)
Botox® is a cleaned purified protein that is created from the Clostridium botulinum bacterium, which is what prevents the nerves responsible for muscular movement. The FDA approved this treatment in 2002.
- Vertical lines between the eyebrows and on the bridge of the nose
- Squint lines or crow’s feet at the corners of the eyes
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Platysmal muscle bands (vertical lines) often visible on the neck
- Lower facial muscles such as the masseter muscle (to lessen the squareness and fullness of the lateral jawline), wrinkles around the mouth, and turning down at the corners of the mouth
Typically a Botox Cosmetic® treatment will last anywhere from three to six months. The time frame for how long the treatment will last varies because everyone’s skin is different so depending on your skin and the area injected your results will vary.
The injections block the impulses to the muscles that make your muscles relax. Wrinkles that are on your face will go away almost instantaneously, giving you a fresher younger look.
Three to five days following the treatment you should see a noticeable difference of the treated areas. The results will last between three and six months.
Injectable Dermal Fillers Treatment (5)
Dermal fillers are injected into your skin to fill lines and restore lost volume, enhancing your facial contours and lips for natural-looking results. They’re injected into the deeper layers of skin at the site of sunken areas creases, scars or to smooth and fill out the area for a firmer, more youthful appearance.
Many different treatments are often used at the same time with dermal fillers or other cosmetic procedures for an all-over smoothing of wrinkles and facial lines and restoring of lost volume. For example, Botox Cosmetic® treatments may be used on forehead wrinkles, while a dermal filler may be better used to treat lines at the mouth area.
Follow-up treatments are usually required to maintain the effect. For instance, hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm®, Restylane™ and Perlane®) last up to 12 months. Keep in mind that everyone’s skin is different, the timing of any additional wrinkle treatment will vary from person to person. When repeat treatments occur over time, either the interval between appointments becomes longer, or less product is required to achieve the same results, or more areas can be treated with the same amount of product.
After your initial dermal filler treatment, you should notice visible results immediately.
Injectable Dermal fillers are popular for treating the appearance of aging skin without surgery. They work by plumping up an area beneath the skin. Injectable Dermal Fillers can:
- Fill in wrinkles and fine lines
- Improve the appearance of scars
- Plump up cheeks and lips
- Shape the jaw and other areas of the face
Combination Therapy Soft Lift™ Treatment (1)
In the past, we used either fillers such as Juvederm® or muscle relaxants such as Botox Cosmetic®. The Powder Room noticed that the results, although still impressive, were not as good as they could have been. It quickly became evident that a combination of treatments may be ideal. This way, patients would receive optimal results in one treatment session rather than during two separate appointment dates. Both Botox Cosmetic® and Juvederm® fillers have a long standing history of safety and proven effectiveness.
The lashes grow gradually over time with some people beginning to see longer lashes in about four weeks, with full growth at 16 weeks.
Specifically, patients treated with LATISSE® experienced a:
• 25% increase in lash length
• 106% increase in lash thickness/fullness
• 18% increase in lash darkness
We believe it does so by increasing the growth cycle (anagen) phase of your eyelash hair cycle. Anagen is the growth phase of all hair. We believe that it increases the length of the anagen phase and the number of hairs in this growth phase.
LATISSE® is the only FDA-approved product to grow lashes longer, fuller and darker for those who do not have enough lashes. It has been studied for safety and efficacy and is available only by prescription.
Our products and packagings are totally latex-free.
Only qualified healthcare professionals should administer TEOSYAL® injections.
No. After the injection, syringe, needle or cannula and any unused product should be disposed of immediately as this is a single-use device.
It is important you make sure your practitioner is using a new sterile syringe at the beginning of each session.
The main point of difference is the patented cross-linking process: Resilient Hyaluronic Acid® Technology. It guarantees all our gels are highly efficient, safe and long-lasting. In addition, TEOSYAL® offers a wide range of products, customized for every indication.
Permanent fillers last longer than resorbable fillers in your skin. Their effect is irreversible. Consequently, removing the implant or correcting the result becomes very difficult. In addition, permanent fillers can cause delayed hyper-sensitivity.
It is highly advisable to use resorbable fillers for safer results.
Fillers and botulinum toxine are both used to treat wrinkles. However, their mode of action is completely different.
Botulinum toxine is injected into the muscle. It causes local paralysis and thus reduces expression lines. It is a preventive method.
HA fillers are gels, injected under the skin to directly fill the wrinkles and smoothen skin surface. It is a corrective method.
Only adults can get injections of the products.
Whenever the first lines appear, our products can be used. At this stage, TEOSYAL® PureSense Redensity [I] is the proposeed product as a part of a strategy to prevent the first wrinkles and rehydrate the skin thus preventing the appearance of deep wrinkles.
It is important that you inform your practitioner about all medicines and food supplements that you regularly take as some substances might accentuate the possible side effects (Vitamin E, anti-inflammatories, anti-coagulants).
Injecting TEOSYAL® fillers in an area previously injected with permanent fillers should strictly be avoided.
Injecting TEOSYAL® fillers in an area previously injected with temporary fillers is not proposeed. If you wish to switch products, it is highly advisable you wait one year after your last injection.
Normally the effect of an injection depends on the type of the product and differs from one person to another. For a biorevitalizing treatment with TEOSYAL® PureSense Redensity[I], the result lasts for 3 – 4 months. For a filling treatment using TEOSYAL® fillers the effect can last from 12 up to 18 months (TEOSYAL® Ultimate). Refer to your practitioner for more precise information.
HA injections are contra-indicated and must not be used:
– In combination with peeling, laser or ultrasound-based treatments
– If the patient has cutaneous disorders, inflammation or infection at the treatment site or near to this site.
– In the case of patients having a known hypersensitivity to hyaluronic acid, with a history of severe allergy or anaphylactic shock
– For TEOSYAL® PureSense range in the case of known hypersensitivity to lidocaine and/or amide local anaesthetic agents
– In the case of patients having a known hypersensitivity to one of the excipients of the supplemented phosphate buffer for TEOSYAL® PureSense Redensity[I] and TEOSYAL® PureSense Redensity[II]
– In case of patients with autoimmune diseases
– In pregnancy, breast-feeding mothers, or in children
– Sportsmen and women must be made aware of the fact that these HA products contain an active component which may cause a positive result in a drug test.
– Do not inject into blood vessels.
– Do not inject into the eyelids.
– On patients with bags under the eyes (existence of fatty orbital herniation) for Teosyal® PureSense Redensity [II]
For more information, please refer to the instruction leaflet of each product.
Although HA is a natural component of the dermis, its injection may provoke undesired effects depending on variable factors:
- External: type of product, technique, injected area, number of injections, volume
- Internal: phototype, medical history, skin tolerance and sensitivity
The side effects are generally benign, reversible and temporary*:
|Onset after injection||Side effects||Estimated duration|
(1 – 15 days)
(15 days – 3 months)
||1 – 6 months|
(3 – 24 months)
||1 – 12 months|
(> 3 months – x years)
||X months – permanent|
Non-exhaustive list of side effects associated with the use of injectable wrinkle fillers
Source: ‘‘Topical report – Injectable products to fill wrinkles’’ – The French National Agency for Medicines and Health Products Safety (ANSM) July 2012.
*If you notice side effects after your injection, please contact your practitioner and/or TEOXANE Laboratories.
You should inform your practitioner of all your medical and disease history and your current and past drugs and treatments.
BEFORE the injection:
It is strongly proposeed to avoid taking aspirin, anti-coagulants and anti-inflammatory drugs for a week prior to the procedure. Refer to your practitioner before interrupting any chronic treatment.
AFTER the injection:
Avoid drinking alcohol, taking a plane or doing any kind of sports for a period of 72 hours post-injection. Also, during the 15 days following your treatment, it is highly advisable to avoid dental treatments, aesthetic procedures of any type, sun exposure and extreme temperatures (icy weather, saunas, steam rooms, hot baths…).
The results are instant but the definitive effect is visible after a few weeks.
SOFT LIFT™ (2)
Both BOTOX® cosmetic and JUVÉDERM® treatments are very safe but, as with all dermal fillers, there are potential and mild side effects which include:
- Temporary weakness of adjacent muscles
These side effects experienced at the injection sites will typically resolve within a few days, leaving you with brighter, firmer and smoother skin.
During a consultation with one of our skin specialists, we will take into consideration factors such as your aesthetic needs, current health status and medical history to evaluate whether SOFT LIFT™ is right for you. Typically, it should not be considered a treatment option for:
- Patients who have severe allergies with a history of anaphylaxis
- Patients with known allergies to lidocaine or gram-positive bacterial proteins
- Patients with known allergies to any components of BOTOX®
- Patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Patients who have a motor neuron disease
- Patients who have a neuromuscular disease
When carried out safely and by a trained and experienced skin care specialist, SOFT LIFT™ is a quick and comfortable alternative to more aggressive surgical procedures, personalized for your individual goals and needs.
- Patients may experience pain or a burning sensation during the injection.
- Bruising may occur and can last for 10 days.
- Veins may become darker and then fade in a few weeks.
- Veins may be tender for 7 days.
- Itching or a small red bump may develop at the site of injection and may last 2 days.
- Temporary brown pigmentation may occur and take weeks to a year to fade.
- A small ulceration may occur and heal with a scar.
- Tiny, new blood vessels may form after injections but are usually temporary.
- Rarely, patients may develop phlebitis, an infection or an allergic reaction.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory medication for 1 week before treatment.
- Do not shave legs for 2 days prior to treatment.
- Bring support hose to the office to wear home.
- Wear slacks or dark hose to hide the cotton balls that are taped on for a few hours.
- Walk for about 20 minutes.
- Maintain normal, light activity; strenuous activity may be resumed after 2 days.
- Avoid hot baths or saunas for 2 weeks after treatment.
- Wear support hose for at least 2 weeks after treatment.
Sclerotherapy involves injecting a solution into the vein with a very fine needle. The solution irritates the lining of the vein, the walls stick together and blood cannot enter the vein. Blood is re-routed to the healthy venous system and the vein is then absorbed over time. Many veins are injected during a treatment session but usually many sessions are required, depending on the size and number of veins. Most patients have a 50-90% improvement but more veins can develop with time.